- Explore North-Holland and the ‘Wadden’ sea and have the unique experience of beaching on the sea bed at low tide
- Enjoy the wonderful sceneries that the ‘Wadden’ sea and North-Holland have to offer
- Enjoy in a sustainable way; heating is provided by the rest-heat from engine and generator, LED lighting etc.
- Eat biological, seasonal and regional food, free of any conservatives and other additions
- Wadexcursion at low tide
Naturally good: freshly baked rolls with real butter and home-made salad and a cup of delicious fair trade cappuccino
Bonding with our guests and making them comfortable fills us with joy.
The ship is painted in natural colours and has a no-frills interior designed to make the whole ship feel pleasant, welcoming and relaxing.
The deck terrace offers ample opportunity to sit in the sun, in the shade or shielded from the wind. The salon is used for breakfast and dinner. The large windows make this an ideal bright space to read a book, listen to music, watch television or just relax with a drink.
‘Josefien’ is a unique ship designed to bring passengers close to nature in a comfortable way. The ship is built for sustainability:
- lighting is LED based
- the ship is well insulated
- toilets are flushed with river/sea water
- excess heat from main engine and generator are used to heat the boiler and rest of the ship
- showers are equipped with thermostatic faucets and water-saving shower heads
- most appliances are A+++ rated to optimize water and energy usage
- water is de-scaled, increasing the life expectancy of appliances and reducing the need for detergents
Enjoying natural food
Our love for nature is reflected in our kitchen. We cook with natural ingredients, preferably seasonal and locally sourced. We have banned harmful artificial colorants, taste enhancers and preservatives from our kitchen. We serve mainly biological and fair trade drinks. The chef loves good food and cooking and you can taste that. In short, ‘Josefien’ is the perfect place to enjoy natural food.
Luxurious and comfortable
- every cabin has two single beds
- comfortable matrasses with fluffy pillows and cotton/satin bed linen
- toilets and showers with thermostatic fauctets
- portholes that can be opened
- central heating
- cupboards, closets and lockable cabins
- is a former barge from 1908 that has been refurbished to a luxurious passenger ship
- has a day-time capacity of 75
- is 40m long and 6m wide
- primarily cruises the ‘Wadden’ sea and the northern provinces
- is operational since 2013
- sleeps 22 persons
Great food and drinks. Life on ‘Josefien’ revolves around natural and nautical pleasure